Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.2.0.14 using 100% cpu and not responding

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 23:35:11 +1200

On 25/05/2012 1:33 p.m., Will Roberts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've found my squid 'stuck' a couple times the past week. It'll be
> spinning on one of my cores and not responding to connections or any
> signals and I have to kill -9 it and restart.
>
> I know the 3.2 branch has moved on a bit, but I'd like to try and
> debug this to make sure it's something that's gotten fixed. What's my
> best approach? Use gdb and try and get a backtrace or something? (not
> normally a C/C++ developer so some tips here would be good)

strace is ususally the best for this type of issue. That will show where
its looping and you can then lookup changes to the component in the
changeset archive to see if anything similar is fixed.

3.2 has not just moved on, .17 daily is now a fair bit more stable than
.14 was. If you are in a position to update its good to try anyway, if
not for this one bug.

Amos