Re: [squid-users] Caching issue with http_port when running in transparent mode

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 23:13:23 +0300

hey there Hans,

are you serving squid on the same machine as the gateway is?(wasnt sure
about the DNAT).
your problem is not directly related to squid but to the way that tcp
and browsers works.
for every connection that the client browser uses exist a tcp windows
that stays alive for a period of time after the page was served.
this will cause to all the connections that was served using port 3128
to still exist for i think 5 till 10 more minutes or whatever is your
tcp stack settings.
if you want to understand it you can install iptstate and it will give
you a top like view of iptables list of connections and their states.
also you can use the conntrack tools (with -F option) to flush\view the
connections.
if you will flush the connections using "conntrack -F" you will see that
the connection is served on the 3129 port.

Regards,
Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru