[squid-users] Re: cache memory?

From: Beto Moreno <pamrtj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 14:45:30 -0700

Sorry, I didn't finish this post.

1 question, I will setup a cache server with squid 2.7.x, the server
will have 8GB of ram, the biggest service will be squid, I'm thinking
in 4GB for squid, 4GB other services.
I have seen that squid use part of the memory to save objects and some
times he return the cache from memory or disk, memory is faster we
know this, them this is one reason
that I want to give more memory to squid.

Is what I understand, them if I'm right, what happen once U reboot my server?

What does squid to the object in memory? Do I lost them?
Or haven't understand how squid use the memory?

Thanks!!!