Re: [squid-users] newbie question about large post requests

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 12:29:11 +1200

On 29.05.2012 07:47, Mahmoud Abdel-Fattah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm totally new to squid and using it as a proxy for a scrapy (python
> spider ). it works great with all get requests, but it doesn't work
> with large post requests like the requests is generated by ASP.net in
> the following site : http://www.e3050.com/
>
> So, is there any configuration should I adjust to enable / enlarge
> post requests ?

Maybe yes, Maybe no. The answer to this question depends on your
definition of "doesn't work".

What kind of limitation did you configure to prevent POST working like
they do out of the box?

We need to know specifics about what is going wrong...

* software version numbers.
   -> check against the latest current release, if its old try with the
current one(s).

* HTTP headers of the traffic between Squid and the spider if you can
get them.
   -> what exactly is the spider trying to do? and how?
   --> what does the site do? how is the spider reacting to the
response?

Amos