Re: [squid-users] (3.2.0.17) Re: max object size = 32K??? < store_avg_object_size of 38KB?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 23:07:24 +1200

On 23/06/2012 1:54 p.m., Linda W wrote:
> Linda W wrote:
> forgot to include version -- but I betchya that those who know why this
> occurs know that it's special to 3.2 series related to sharing memory,
> but
> I could be wrong...

You got it. Shared memory pages are 32KB maximum and RAM-cache objects
must fit into one each in the present 3.2 SMP support implementation.

IIRC its only an issue if you are using shared memory in the caching.
Objects which are larger should simply not be shared (but I'm not 100%
certain on that working yet).

Amos