Re: [squid-users] Is Squid Multi-Tenant?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:24:45 +1200

On 26/06/2012 5:48 p.m., Deepak Panigrahy wrote:
> My requirement is to address different configuration files to a single
> squid server, through which I can use multiple configuration with
> separate rules/filters/users

As Eliezer said its best to understand Squid ACLs before making this
choice. With a few extra ACL tests Squid can operate as one instance
with multiple completely separate rules/filter flows based on any criteria.

To answer your question directly. Squid-3.2 can be configured
multi-tenant using the workers and include directives:

   workers 3
   include /etc/squid/squid${process_number}.conf

Older squid versions require multiple instances and setup, control
scripts, the works..

Amos