[squid-users] help needed to debug squid in daemon mode

From: Ming-Ching Tiew <mctiew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 02:41:05 -0700 (PDT)

I have a configuration where if I start squid with -N, it works. But if I run it without that, I will get child started, child exited a few times and eventually the parent process will die too. Because there is nothing in between the 'started' and 'exited' of the child process, I have no clues as to why the child exited. Short of modifying the source to do more printing, is that another better way to find out what's wrong ?

Appreciate your comments.