Re: [squid-users] Allowing downloads from certain sites

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 23:51:12 +1200

On 29/06/2012 11:02 p.m., Edmonds Namasenda wrote:
> Shastri, try the below
>
> Assume...
> 1. Preventing Downloads File (nodowns.txt) has the following
> \.msi$
> \.exe$
> \.zip$
> \.etc$
>
> 2. Trusted Sites File (goodsites.txt) has the following
> *.*microsoft*.com*
> *.*windows*.com*
> *.*etc*.com*.com*

WTF? Does regex even accept that?

*.*microsoft*.com*

  ==> (zero or more 'nothings')(zero or more characters)(the text
"microsof")(zero or more 't' characters)(any single character)(thetext
"co")(zero or more 'm' characters)

Don't you mean this?
   \.microsoft\.com
   \.windows\.com
   \.etc\.com\.com

Or perhapse the better version:

   acl goodsites dstdomain .microsoft.com .windows.com .etc.com.com

> 3. Accompanying ACLs for files above
> acl nodowns urlpath_regex -i "/path_to/nodowns.txt" # With quotation marks
> acl goodsites dstdomains -i "/path_to/goodsites.txt" # With quotation marks
>
> 4. Controlling Rule
> http_access deny nodowns !goodsites # Put it above any "allow" rule
>
> The above is my thinking, and I could do with correction.
>
> # Edmonds

Pretty much. The problem is that Chaitanya supplied no details about
their config. Could be much simpler or much more complicated.

Amos