Re: [squid-users] Allowing downloads from certain sites

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 20:34:01 +1200

On 30/06/2012 1:00 a.m., Edmonds Namasenda wrote:
> Shastri,
> That is what we are trying to help you solve. Are we writing gibberish?!
>
> At the http_access restricting downloads, add something like
> "!\.example\.com" (without the quotation marks)

Ah, sorry. You were right I overlooked that goodsites was a dstdomain
type. the content passed to it was almost but not a regex pattern, which
fooled me badly. However, being dstdomain just makes the domains with
"*" characters in them even more wrong.

dstdomain is a plain-text comparison, not a pattern or anything like regex.

The format of this should work:

   .microsoft.com
   .windows.com
   .etc.com.com

NP: the '.' at the start of each domain name means ignore any extra
left-hand text on the clients requested domain. So it is as close to
wildcard as dstdomain gets. Without the dot the two domains must be
fully the same (upper/lower case not counting).

> Else, provide more accurate information for faster troubleshooting if
> that fails. Many people dump their whole configuration files for
> analysis!

Yes please.

Amos