Re: [squid-users] Cache API

From: Waitman Gobble <waitman_at_waitman.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 08:40:59 -0700

On 7/6/2012 12:00 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 6/07/2012 12:15 p.m., Abhishek Chanda wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does Squid have an API to query the content of the cache? I am aware
>> of contentmgr.cgi, but I am looking for an API that I can call from my
>> code.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Why would your code want to reach into the code of another program and
> do things?
>
> What are you trying to achieve?
>
> Amos

Hi,

An alternative you may want to check out is an e-cap module. Here is a
simple example which stores the chunks in mongodb. It is possible to
combine chunks into complete documents/etc however it seems to perform
much better if you stuff the chunks and combine them later.

https://github.com/creamy/ecap-mongo

Waitman Gobble
San Jose, California