Re: [squid-users] Fwd: NTLM auth fails, Authentication pop-up keeps showing up but also fails

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 22:47:27 +1200

On 15/07/2012 10:15 p.m., miguelmclara_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I already have samba and winbind setup just need to change the squid conf for kerberus, but thats no the hard part, i have a working setup on centos, squid config is pretty much the Same.
>

> But i would still like to find out why isn't ntlm working for this clients, could be useful if someone ends up with the same problem, I was confident the reg key was the problem to be honest.

"

got NTLMSSP command 3, expected 1
NTLMSSP NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER
2012/07/13 11:23:11.256| ConnStateData::swanSong: FD 33
"

... is one of the well-known NTLM issues.
It could be a clint erroneously sending a NTLM final state on a new connection. But is usually Kerberos (which starts at that same final state).

The registry key is how Vista, XP etc can be set to force to NTLM version 1 or lower security. In those system you set it to "5" to enable mandatory Kerberos, which is the default in Win7.

Amos