Re: [squid-users] tproxy configuration

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 21:15:38 +0300

On 7/16/2012 1:47 PM, nipun_mlist Assam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anyway to use squid tproxy feature without configuring the
> squid box as a router ?
Bridge.
> Is it possible to use WCCP + tproxy combination to achieve the same?

there is an example at:
http://code.google.com/p/lusca-cache/wiki/ExampleTproxy4Linux
that lusca guy did.
if you do ask me with all the features that cisco devices have the WCCP
is nice but i prefer a more explicit way then auto setup.

i have tried using this example for about 4 hours and to make WCCP
somehow work but it seems like wither i did something wrong or it's not
possible.

what do you want to achieve? everything that can be achieved using WCCP
can be achieved in other way with tproxy.

Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru
https://www1.ngtech.co.il