[squid-users] Non-browser applications using NTLM+Squid?

From: Baird, Josh <jbaird_at_follett.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 20:29:51 +0000

Hi,

I'm wondering what others are doing about non-browser applications (Anti-virus software that fetches updates, instant messengers over HTTP, etc) that sit behind a Squid proxy that requires NTLM authentication? These applications, in my experience, use Windows' proxy settings to proxy their outbound traffic, but can't speak NTLM, so the application is prevented from proxying any traffic.

Would a Kerberos integrated Squid be a possible solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Josh