RE: [squid-users] Squid + Cisco 4500 + WCCP2

From: Yiannis Pliatsikas <gpliats_at_ee.duth.gr>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 08:22:59 +0300

-----Original Message-----
From: Eliezer Croitoru [mailto:eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il]
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:58 AM
To: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Squid + Cisco 4500 + WCCP2

On 7/20/2012 1:53 PM, Ioannis Pliatsikas wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a transparent proxy with squid using wccpv2 and a
> 4507 (ios v15.1) Cisco switch.
>
> Tried using out of the box rpm package, 3.1.20 on Opensuse 12.1 with
> no luck. My cache.log kept filling with "Unknown capability type in
> WCCPv2 Packet" messages.
>
> Compiled from source the same version with --enable-wccpv2 option but
> i keep getting the same errors.
>
> Cisco can see the proxy because i get

<SNIP>

> No tunnel defined anywhere cause i assume it's not necessary on l2
> redirection Any ideas?
Else then the error is it redirecting the traffic?
i have tested wccp2 on a router and gre but not on a switch and L2 yet.
on the cisco you also need to apply extended acls based on www port to match
the specific traffic you want to redirect into squid.
if you wont do that the web-cache wont redirect anything.

Regards,
Elizer

--
Eliezer Croitoru