Re: [squid-users] Re: Traffic redirection

From: Abhishek Chanda <abhishek.lists_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 21:50:08 -0700

Hi Amos,

Thanks for the reply.
My Squid is 3.1.19. I am trying to use OpenFlow to automate the
deployment of Squid in my organization. When the OpenFlow controller
sees a new HTTP packet, it modifies it's destination IP and port to
that of Squid and sends it back. Thus, I expected I will not need
iptable rules here.

I am a bit confused about how Squid does DNAT. Can you point me to
some document?

Thanks