[squid-users] Re: shared-memory cache in Squid3.2 and object size?

From: Linda W <squid-user_at_tlinx.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 19:07:44 -0700

Better yet... um...

Won't the multiple processes use the same cache content if it is on disk?

Maybe I should ditch the shared memory option and just put a 8GB cache dir
in my /dev/shm dir... I mean it is a file system.
Perms are same as on /tmp... owner writeable....

...If I can just get it to do "write-back" to disk in bckground,
so it can recover after a reboot...

Might simplify your algorithms quite a bit...

you certainly won't have the contention issues that you would fetching
things off disk...