[squid-users] Re: squid_kerb_auth High CPU load.

From: Viorel Robu <viorelrobu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:45:48 +0000 (UTC)

Simon Dwyer <mail <at> simmyd.net> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I have got kerberos working and moved it to production but then the
> server started smashing its cpu. It seems that the squid_kerb_auth
> processes are killing the cpu.
>
> I have the following in my config.
>
> /etc/sysconfig/squid/
>
> KRB5RCACHETYPE=none
> export KRB5RCACHETYPE
>
> /etc/squid/squid.conf
>
> auth_param negotiate program /usr/bin/negotiate_wrapper
> --kerberos /usr/lib64/squid/squid_kerb_auth -i -r -s GSS_C_NO_NAME
> --ntlm /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
> --domain=DOMAIN.EXAMPLE
> auth_param negotiate children 30
> auth_param negotiate keep_alive on
>
> From what i have read the first part should fix the high cpu issue but
> it doesnt seem to help.
>
> More the case i am having trouble getting that variable active.
>
> Anyone else come up on this?
>
> Simon

Hi Simon and Markus!

Have you any progress in invetigation performance issue on squid 3.1.10 with
squid_kerb_auth 1.07?
Because I ran in the same situation as Simon and found that issue apear only on
x64 linux. I build two identical systems on Centos 6.3 + Squid 3.1.10 with x64
and x86 system architecture. And I have to say that x86 sistem is behave
adequate to its load. Kerberos libraries, squid and kerberos helper are the same
version, the only difference is processor architecture.