Re: [squid-users] block dodgy sites with squidguard

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 21:09:16 +1200

On 12/08/2012 7:28 p.m., J Webster wrote:
> I'm not even sure how I could block this though. Anyone who publishes
> a website with illegal pictures is probably not going to list keywords
> that I can search for and prevent.
> Would those illegal sites show up in the dest porn blocklist?

Good. You understand that your requirements are impossible to achieve in
HTTP. You need human eyeballs, and even then opinion of legality differs
with local laws and even local by-laws.

You said you were blocking porn and wanted to whitelist a certain set, I
assumed that you already knew how to identify what was what. if you
don't have something clearer than legal/illegal to go by nobody can help
you.

Amos