Re: [squid-users] I want to verify why squid wont cache a specific object.

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 05:52:38 +0300

On 8/20/2012 3:45 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Two possibilities:
>
> 1) Did you bump up the maximum_object_size? default being 4MB and these
> objects are ~16MB.
my limit is 200MB

> 2) They are dynamic objects without any Cache-Control or Expires header
> to explicitly state the cacheability age. That means they fall under the
> "risky" category which is set to a 0 maximum age by the default '?'
> refresh pattern.
I have refresh pattern for each of the domains separately.
The pattern gave about 7 days of cache for an object until I upgraded
from 3.1 to 3.2.1.

These objects aren't really "risky" because they are static.
And it's funny that you can see all over amazon cloudfront cdn headers
that it is being cached already...
for the first 10 request amazon cdn showed a cache miss and then hits
one after the other.

Thanks,
Eliezer

--