Re: RV: [squid-users] reverse proxy redirect http to https

From: Osmany Goderich <ogoderich_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 07:59:14 -0400

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> On 20.08.2012 23:54, Osmany Goderich wrote:
>>
>> It was about the repeats. Can you please explain to me how to make my
>> configuration work.
>>

> Decide whether you want the connections between Squid and the backend/peer
> server to be HTTP or HTTPS then remove the corresponding cache_peer
> settings. There is no need for both to exist.
>
> If you decide to keep the HTTP Squid->peer connections you will need to also
> update the peer server configuration NOT to redirect incoming HTTP traffic
> to HTTPS.

I have kept the https peer so that squid comunicates with the peer on
port 443. Nevertheless I still have the
same problem, when I make a request with http I get an endless loop
somewhere I don't know because the browser does not show me the
website through https. the access log still showing requests from http
with a 302 and when it finally redirects to https it also shows a 302,
meaning that it also redirects it back to http. So it always keeps
getting it back and forth and it doesn't show the page. I really don't
know how to solve this.