Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.2 source repository for ubuntu 12.04

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:46:35 +1200

On 29.08.2012 13:21, Bambang Sumitra wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any ubuntu source repository for squid version 3.2?
> i have found this link
> https://launchpad.net/~yadi/+archive/ppa
> but its only provide 3.1, and also i found this link
> https://launchpad.net/~m-k-edwards/+archive/squid
> there is squid 3.2 ubuntu source but only for one iric
>
> TIA,
>
> Bambang

As yet no. My (~yadi) repo is built in collaboration with the Debian
maintainer to ensure package compatibility. Neither of us have had time
recently to work on it.

When building the 3.1.20 packages it became clear that changes to the
packaging system software is going to make the newer package builds
difficult to back-port to the older distro versions for both Debian and
Ubuntu. I'm not sure at this point how or when that will be resolved.

If it is urgent, you are of course able to self-compile 3.2 and drop in
the resulting squid3 binary over any older squid3 package binary.

Amos