[squid-users] 3.2.1: ntlmauthenticator reporting a lot of connections in "SHUTDOWN PENDING" state, and internet access lost.

From: Nathan Hoad <nathan_at_getoffmalawn.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 19:25:58 +1000

Hi folks,

I'm running Squid 3.2.1 with NTLM auth configured as follows:

auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-
ntlmssp
auth_param ntlm children 133
auth_param ntlm keep_alive off

And I'm seeing an issue where internet access was not available until
Squid was restarted. Some requests were being serviced, but most were
not. ntlmauthenticator from the manager reported the following: (I've
put it on pastebin because it's moderately large):
http://pastebin.com/5cvCteeU

Restarting Squid obviously closed the connections, and resolved the
issue, but it's not really practical to keep restarting. This issue is
not present in 3.1.9. Have there been any significant modifications
between 3.1.9 and 3.2.1 that could have caused this? Or shall I file a
bug report? I'm more than happy to provide what additional information
I can to help diagnose the issue.

There are about 1500 machines running behind Squid, for what it's worth.

Thanks,

Nathan.