[squid-users] Problem with authentication needed for squidguard and squid 3.2.1

From: Stolle, Martin <Martin.Stolle_at_ekom21.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 09:01:30 +0200

Hello,

I got a problem with the cooperation of squidguard 1.4 and squid 3.2.1

My test scenario consists of

Squidguard 1.4
Squid 3.2.1
Basic Authentication (in that case of test)

I want to allow URLs not blocked by lists from squidguard to all users.

If a website is blocked from a squidguard list and a user isn't authenticated, squidguard shall and will redirect the request to a blocking site, which links to a site, where somebody can authenticate itself.

If someone is authenticated that way, he is associated with an user account and should have access to all web sites.

Unfortunately, I got the problem, that, also a user is authenticated, squid transfers the user information only under the condition, that from the point of view of squid the authentication is necessary, to squidguard, also the user authenticated before. If Squid recognizes, that from the point of view of squid authentication is not necessary (i.e. there was e.g. a http_access allow all on the way), it does not transfer authentication information to the url rewriter, here squidguard, and does also not log that information.
But squidguard needs that information in that case to allow the user access to that web site and don't redirect the request to the blocking site.

Is there an option to transfer authentication information in any case - where it is available, i.e. the user has already authenticated - to the rewriter and also to log it?

Thanks in advance,

Martin