Re: AW: [squid-users] Problem with authentication needed for squidguard and squid 3.2.1

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 11:15:16 +1200

On 03.09.2012 23:28, Stolle, Martin wrote:
> I got the idea to modify my squid-guard wrapper in that way that it
> returns a OK and the username logged in as OK log=username, this
> means, that I have to change the logic, so that squidGuard is used
> from a main wrapper process, which knows the name of the user, so
> that
> it can return it. In that case I could use the "ea" tag in the access
> log format to write the user logged in to the access log.
>
> This way isn't very elegant, but it should work.

I think you want to return "OK user=$value" instead of log=. That will
log via %ue.

> Squid passes login to --> Wrapper --> asks squidGuard --> if return
> line of squidGuard is empty, return OK + "log:username" else return
> ERR
>
> Ok,
> I'll try to write that small wrapper, but it would be nice, if there
> would be an easier way to do so.

Using a dedicated authorizor helper is the proper way to go. SG is not
designed for use in the way you are using it.
You could code the wrapper script to perform directly the same tests SG
is being used for and drop SG.

Amos