Re: [squid-users] squid and linefeeds

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 17:13:37 +1200

On 4/09/2012 8:20 p.m., Eugene M. Zheganin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Squid 3.1.12/FreeBSD 9.1-PRERELEASE/amd64
>
> I have a weird problem downloading the text files (not sure with all
> of them or not) from an FTP through squid.
> When I download them through squid they have DOS line feeds in 'em
> (symbols commonly represented in terminals line ^M, I think everyone
> seen such things in text files from non-Unices). When I download the
> same file without squid it's fine.
>
> Binary files aren't affected.
>
> Why is that ?

Unknown. Squid does not alter or even touch any of the bytes of the
downloaded files.

Perhapse that is how they are being supplied to the proxy? or perhapse
the FTP server is doing translation based on the client accessing it?

Do a TCP dump of the data channel packets from the server to find out
more of what is being sent by it.

Amos