Re: [squid-users] prevent attempts to go outside for any noncached objects during offline_mode on

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:24:47 +0300

On 9/10/2012 2:48 PM, Oguz Yilmaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read on working of offline_mode in the list. It is an
> aggressive caching parameter which prevent refreshing of already
> cached object and gives from the cache. However, if the object is not
> cached, it try to look for the object thru direct or cache peer. Do
> you have any suggestions for implementing a "completely offline" state
> with current squid parameters to prevent attempts to get uncached
> objects, also

this feature is not part of squid anymore.
there are other solutions for this kind of cache out there.
squid tries to be a more http friendly cache then just "cache all and
ask questions later".

If you have a case when you need to cache more object squid can have
more strict cache acls for that.
If you do have a specific case we can maybe try recommend you how to
implement it with squid.
But you need first to understand what you do before doing it.

Good luck,
Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru