[squid-users] time acl, domain acl and always direct

From: Benjamin Joseph Dag <bjdag1234_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:22:55 +0800

Hi I am a beginner squid user running Squid 2.7 on Windows NT

I am trying to have certain domains go directly to the server on a
specific time range and days..

could someone help me with the squid.conf?

domain: Youtube site and cache
time range to be direct connect to the net: 8am to 5pm
time range to go through parent proxy: 5:01pm-7:59am

setup: proxy pc has own internet connection with limited bandwidth
 uses parent proxy for most of the domains except those which are not
allowed during work hours (8am-5pm) e.g youtube, google video, vimeo

what I want to do is that those sites that are blocked on the parent
proxy go through the machine's internet connection during work hours ,
and then the rest of the day they go through the parent proxy

thanks!