[squid-users] squid 3.2.1 under solaris dying with "segment violation"

From: Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz <Jose-Marcio.Martins_at_mines-paristech.fr>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 15:08:29 +0200

Hello,

I'm begining a new thread.

To remember, I'm trying to migrate a squid server from 3.1.19 to 3.2.1. The old
one works fine, but with the new version, squid dies each 1 to 3 minutes, with
"segment violation".

I'm not able do get core files under Solaris, despite of correct settings
(ulimit, ...).

So, I set up debug_options to "ALL,8" and "ALL,9". and I wrote a single script
which prints the last 25 lines before each SEGFAULT received.

The result is at http://www.j-chkmail.org/users/squid

The contents of the three files are :

* cores-4.txt - debug_options ALL,8 - squid doing cache
* cores-5.txt - debug_options ALL,9 - squid doing cache
* cores-9.txt - debug_options ALL,8 - cache_dir option commented

(If you want, I can send you the files.)

The third test was to be sure that the problem didn't come from the cache
partition on a zfs filesystem.

Before each "segfault" there is a line indicating the destination hostname. Most
of the time, but not allways, the hostname doesn't resolve or it's a CNAME.

Thanks for your help,

José-Marcio