Re: [squid-users] Segfault on squid 3.1.X on Ubuntu 12.04 with external_acl_type

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 21:14:26 +0300

On 9/14/2012 5:58 PM, Marcio Merlone wrote:
> At the end I got it working as needed, but I consider this solution
> (compiling) as a workaround, since I prefer to stick with pre-build
> packages so I can stay a lazy admin. The ideal solution would be to
> debug and fix the segmentation fault with the distro package, will turn
> to their bugzilla to see what happens.
>
> Thanks a lot for your time, best regards.
Well Compiling from my point of view is not a workaround but the best
way to fit the software to your system.

As you said you rather be lazy admin as it gives you simpleness for the
task.
If it can be done using without compiling on the system I'm +1 for that
in most cases.

I have seen in the past it takes time for some distros Bugzilla to work
it way for a solution but I dont say that you can be lucky and it will
be solved fast.

Regards,
Eliezer

--