Re: [squid-users] I was thinking about squidguard and url_rewrite. why to use it with url_rewrite?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:08:22 +0300

On 9/19/2012 10:00 AM, Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz wrote:
> Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> On 19/09/2012 10:15 a.m., Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
>>> I was thinking about squidguard and url_rewrite.
>>>
>>> Since external_acl and deny_info I really dont see why to use
>>> squidGuard at url_rewrite?
>>>

>> Right. That was the intention. URL-rewrite is a hack and a direct
>> violation of HTTP. The interface is old and rather
>> limited, it should be avoided whenever possible.
>
> Interesting... Not yet took a deeper look at it, but how to use
> squidguard with external_acl and deny_info ?

The response for the url should be OK or ERR so the code should be changed.

I have written a helper that works with squidguard blacklists for
external_acl.
It's pretty basic so it's for one big blacklist specially for porn sites.

I could have added some more into it such as LDAP and others but since
it was ment to block pron sites I didnt saw any need for more then just
check the url.
there are very good external_acl helpers for LDAP and others if needed.

Would you like to try my helper?
It supports concurrency(very high) and it's max non-blocking there is so
it's fast as hell.
until now I have tested it and never got into a point of more then one
helper and concurrency over 1.

>> The other interfaces are designed to enable safe standards compliant
>> ways to perform the desired operations.
>>
>> Now to get the rest of the world to understand that instead of blindly
>> following the obsolete tutorials from squid-2.5
>> or older ;-)
>
> Allways hard...
>
> JM
If you give them alternative that they understand and like they will switch.

SquidGuard settings are a bit complicated to just download and run if
you compare it to squid.

Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru