[squid-users] Re: stale client blocking other downloads

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:07:46 +0300

On 9/19/2012 4:36 PM, Stephane CHAZELAS wrote:
> But only when providing with a User-Agent oddly enough (and also
> when inserting a 10 second delay between the two requests).
> Then, I tried to do the same query from a different client and
> since then, I cannot reproduce it anymore (even if I do a
> different request), and I see no merging in conntrackd. So I
> don't have the full picture here, and reckon it's going to be
> difficult to investigate as I don't know how to reproduce it
> consistently.
>
> I've got network captures, but only on the down side (between
> the client and the proxy).

I think it's better to be moved into squid-users since it's not really
about squid code.
so next time reply to squid-users_at_squid-cache.org

if you can also give the iptables\tproxy related settings it can of help.

if there is some SNAT and other stuff this should be mentioned.

so the topology is:

10.10.10.10->10.0.0.1 ??
are there any other routes in the way?(it's important)

and how exactly is this tproxying ?
10.10.10.10:46426 -> 216.40.222.19

it's more like natting then TPROXY.

in a case you have only one outgoing address to the internet I think
TPROXY should not be your default choice but use REDIRECT instead since
you dont need in any way TPROXY which can cause some routing issues in a
case not configured properly.

Regards,
Eliezer

--