Re: [squid-users] problems with ssl_crtd

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:26:06 +0300

On 9/19/2012 1:44 PM, Linos wrote:
> Hi,
> i have been using Squid squid-3.2.0.17-20120527-r11561 in an Ubuntu Server
> 12.04 some time with ssl-bump without problems for a year, the ca cert expired
> some days ago and with the new ca cert i installed squid 3.2.1 stable.
>
> Now the proxy exists every time 10 or more users use https at the same time,
> it's pretty strange, i have tried to downgrade to the old squid version but i
> can't get the proxy to be stable no matter if using new or old version, i have
> tried to recreate other cert just in case, same problem, i recreated too
> squid_ssl_db and cache_dir, no matter what i do it keeps crashing, the cache log
> read as this:

<SNIP>

> I am using this ssl-bump line in squid.conf:
> http_port 3150 ssl-bump generate-host-certificates=on
> dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=16MB cert=/etc/squid3/ssl_cert/myCA.pem
>
> I generated this myCA.pem using the instructions here
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/DynamicSslCert

do you still have the old pem file?
If it's expired ok but it should be still running but creating defective
certificates.

did you changed ownership for the directory and files?
did you tried to run the command from shell to see if it works?

Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru
https://www1.ngtech.co.il