Re: [squid-users] Weird issue with Chrome

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 23:27:51 +1200

On 20/09/2012 10:50 p.m., Jaime Gomez wrote:
> Hi Amos,
> Thanks for your quick response. I try to answer all your questions:
> 1.- Yes, the Chrome requests show up in squid access.log
> 2.- The Required issue: you are right. It was my fault. I didn't check
> the conf file properly.
> 3.- WebUsers group content: people that are not allowed to visit
> certain web pages. For instance: john.doe

"not" allowed? but you use it only in an "allow" context. If it matches
anything the user will be allowed unlimited access. Also note that ident
is a user-supplied detail, meaning knowledgable users are free to set
their own IDENT reponse text.

> SocialNet: web pages like this: .facebook.com, .twitter.com and so on.
> 4.- That is the end of the file. Am I missing something?

There is no "http_access deny all" to clarify that it is the end of the
config. Just checking that you did not have anything else to allow stuff.

Amos