Re: [squid-users] squid_swap.log

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 13:01:27 +1200

On 22/09/2012 3:17 a.m., Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> On 9/21/2012 1:20 PM, aa ss wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> i'm running squid 2.6.STABLE23 integrated with websense, so i need
>> to run this version and cannot upgrade.

That has not been true for several years.

>> I readed lots of documentation and lots of posts about this
>> problem, without finding a real solution.
>> I have 3 separate disks acting as cache.
>> The problem is that when this 3 disks reach storage limit imposed
>> by squid (about 92%) replacement policy, the 3 squid_swap.log files
>> grow indefinitely, filling all disk space.
>> To solve this i need to stop squid, delete all cache and swap
>> files, and rebuild.
>>

>> Is there a solution for my problem?
> OK filling but with what message?
> what about cache.log file?
> And how exactly websense forces you to use such an old squid version?

The old websense filters tried to operate through the squid-2.5/2.6
re-write interfaces and require some patching of 2.6 to work right. They
did not provide patches for support of 2.7 or 3.0 and a lot of vocal
documentation was made of that fact at the time.

Websense current services provide ICAP interfaces which means squid-3.1
and later can easily be plugged in that way, same as most any other AV
and filtering vender service.

Amos