Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.2.0.16 and Exchange Web Services

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:28:15 +1200

On 24.09.2012 05:34, Anders Johansson wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just want to check if anyone here has got Exchange Web Services
> working together with Squid?
>
> I have EWS working perfectly from the browser, ie
> https://my-squid/EWS/Exchange.asmx where I can authenticate without
> issues.
> But when I try from:
> - Outlook 2013 (That relies fully on WS) = fail
> - Outlook 2010 and use WS functions like free-busy, OOF = fail
> - Outlook 2011 (mac) that is only using WS = fail
>
> Sometimes I'm getting 500 from the CAS and in some cases it does not
> even log the access (logging level 2)
>
> I have a self-signed certificate that has been added to the trusted
> root store on my PC and in keychain on mac. I know I should have a
> real cert but as this is just a lab environment I haven't had time to
> fix a real cert.
>
> So can anyone confirm that EWS should indeed work on mac and windows
> clients together with Squid 3.2?

IF (and only if) Outlook is using HTTP-compliant requests through the
proxy and Exchange is presenting is similarly HTTP-compliant responses
will it work.

In 3.2 you can set "debug_options 11,2" and get a full trace of HTTP
headers on all connections to discover what is going on.

PS. please use 3.2.1 stable release instead of the older 3.2.0.* betas
releases.

Amos