Re: [squid-users] Valgrind results on 3.2.1

From: <tcr_at_raynersw.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:38:08 -0700

Still no valgrind-appended info appended to the mgr:mem. Here is an earlier one, and a later one showing growth:

http://bit.ly/QxXL3f
http://bit.ly/PqRJ1s

This is on one of the lower-utilization servers and I'm currently running squid under valgrind which is slowing it down further, so the growth won't be as fast as it is on some other servers. But if everything behaves as it always has, the process will grow and grow. Right now after about 8 hours of runtime it's using about 700MB resident. Tomorrow morning that will be more.

mgr:mem shows heavy allocations around these:

Short Strings
HttpHeaderEntry
acl_ip_data

Here's info that might be relevant:

The way I'm doing access is to manage the allowed IPs acl file via an external program, and then reload squid via init.d (just sending a HUP) when it changes. I know this probably isn't optimal and I should use an external ACL, but perhaps my sub-optimal config has exposed a leak.

I'll check on it tomorrow and see if the growth still seems centered around those objects listed above, and if the numbers roughly match up.

Thanks
-Ty