[squid-users] TCP_DENEID_REPLY/403 Microsoft Upgrade Adviser

From: dweimer <dweimer_at_dweimer.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 12:45:01 -0500

Our help desk is trying to run the Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade Adviser,
and ran into an issue, the Squid server is logging a
"TCP_DENIED_REPLY/403 2876 POST
http://aeos.microsoft.com/compatibilityexchange/compatibilityexchange.svc"
in the access log. I have done some searching and it appears that I
have to increase either the request_header_max_size or the
reply_header_max_size. Before I spend a lot of time trying different
values until I get it high enough, or find out I am not doing the right
thing I was wondering if anyone else had ran into this and knows the
fix?
Squid version is 3.1.20, on FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE-p4, no authentication
is enabled access is only restricted by source IP.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer