[squid-users] Squid - wccp with multiple routers using gre tunnels

From: Luderitz Bob <Bob.Luderitz_at_NiproGlassAmericas.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 12:17:36 +0000

        We just cutover to our own network which has 3 sites using vpls connections and 1 ASA 5510 box used for both Firewall and Router at our HQ site.

        For our Internet we want to use a message labs external proxy and have introduced a Squid server at our HQ to forward all Internet traffic from the 3 sites out to Message Labs.

        We are using Cisco routers and using wccp protocol on the 3 routers.

        I am running 6.3 of CentOS Linux and 3.1 version of Squid.
        In order to use wccp there needs to be a GRE tunnel setup on my Squid box. In this version of Squid, there is a built in GRE tunnel gre0 and is working fine at our HQ site.

        I have tried to use the built in gre tunnel for the other sites and created separate tunnels but neither has worked. I get the traffic from the router to the the Squid box and see it via tcpdump commands but it does not get passed from the gre to the Squid to go out to the Message Labs proxy.

        Wccpv2 is supposed to support using multiple routers but cannot seem to find the right combination, has anyone gotten this to work?

Bob Luderitz
Sr Systems Engineer

Nipro Glass Americas
1101 Wheaton Ave, Millville, NJ 08332
T: (856) 825-1400 x2825 - F: 856-765-1524
E: bob.luderitz_at_niproglassamericas.com - W: www.niproglass.com

Disclaimer: This message is confidential and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by copyright or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and delete it from your system. It is forbidden to copy it or disclose its content to anyone. Any confidentiality or legal professional privilege is not waived or lost by any mistaken delivery of the message.
For the complete version or other languages of the disclaimer see: www.nipro-europe.com/maildisclaimer
 Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail.

NIPRO GLASS

CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify NIPRO GLASS
 immediately. Any views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of NIPRO GLASS.