Re: [squid-users] TCP_DENEID_REPLY/403 Microsoft Upgrade Adviser

From: dweimer <dweimer_at_dweimer.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 12:04:42 -0500

On 2012-10-02 19:57, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 03.10.2012 03:09, dweimer wrote:
>>>
>>> Response is denied by http_reply_access permissions.
>>>
>>> Amos
>>
>> I finally heard back form the PC tech who was working on this after
>> some changes, it turns out that the problem was fixed with the
>> ignore_expect_100 on setting. When doing some test in a different
>> environment, I received a 417 error instead of a 403, searching
>> brought me to the expect 100, that setting fixed it in the test
>> environment, and putting the setting in the production environment
>> worked as well.
>

> Aha, well that is the workaround. An upgrade to 3.2 series is a
> better fix.
> 417 is the code for "Your requested HTTP/1.1-only feature is not
> supported on this HTTP/1.0 connection".
>
> Squid-3.2 supports the HTTP/1.1 expect-100 feature.
>
> Amos

ah, good to know, unfortunately the FreeBSD port hasn't been created
yet for the 3.2 branch. I used to run everything self compiled, but
just switched over to using ports about one year ago to make updates
easier. There is still just a Squid 2.7 and Squid 3.1 port available.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer