Re: [squid-users] Auth per url

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 14:00:04 +1300

On 09.10.2012 13:05, Randall Maharaj wrote:
> Thanks Amos,
>
> I've decided to send the queries for the url to another parent
> proxy
> however this is breaking authentication.
>
> Do you know if there is a way to pass on the Parent's authentication
> to the client directly?

If you mean passing authentication headers (both directions) through
the child proxy what you are looking for is "login=PASS"
see http://ww.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache_peer/ for details.

If you mean passing the credentials as after validating at the parent
proxy back to the client or child proxy. Then no, traffic flow where
credentials exist is strictly one-way: client -> your proxy -> parent
proxy -> ...

The reverse flow (parent->your proxy->client) only contains HTTP status
code indicating success/failure to fetch the resource and citing missing
credentials as one possible failure (401/407 status).

Amos