[squid-users] From Squid 2.7 STABLE 6 to....

From: <mc8647tv_at_mclink.it>
Date: 11 Oct 2012 15:15:24 -0000

I need to install a new proxy server in exchange to the current one based on Squid 2.7 STABLE 6.

You already told me that on the new, 12 core, 12 GB server, I should create a hierarchy of squids to use all CPUs but I now have to replace a failing hardware.

I currently use a aufs + coss cache_dir, I have about 3000 clients on a 200mbit link and traffic is passed to an upstream cache_peer (antivirus/url checker).

Should I go with 3.2 or it's better to stay with 3.1 ?
Which storage types are "mainstream" with new squid versions ?

Thanks