Re: [squid-users] testing adaptation_service_sets

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 10:15:51 +1300

On 17.10.2012 02:51, E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
> Hi,
> I set up an adaptation_service_set on a test server and I would like
> to see if it's working but I don't seem to be able to trigger use of
> the second icap server in the pool by just browsing myself, any ideas
> how I can test this conclusively?
> Thanks,
> Eli

For chaining sets it should be easy one request going through both.
Serial requests should be sufficient here.

For multi-path / failover sets throw more requests at Squid than one
can handle. This may require configuring the ICAP service with a low max
connection in order to make the failover show up at reasonably low
request concurrency. *concurrency* being the key thing to throw at it.

If you want more particulars about how adaptation was tested during
development, please contact the Measurement Factory
(www.measurement-factory.com) and/or squid-dev mailing list.

Amos