[squid-users] I: VPN SSL logging off randomly

From: Dal Bo Valter <Valter.DalBo_at_tescogo.it>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 16:36:58 +0200

Hi all,

I have a number of users that have to connect to a customer via VPN SSL (fortinet) in order to use the customer’s resources while in my company premises.
In order to connect to the internet, for a too long story to explain, ( ☺ ) they have to go through the proxy.
That’s when I start having the odd behaviour that the connection to the customer’s VPN takes place allright going through the proxy but then, randomly, just disconnects without any apparent reason.

I’ve just updated both server (now ubuntu 12.04 LTS) and Squid to version 3.1.19 leaving all defaults from the squid.conf and just adding an ACL rule to allow the access to the VPN address.

acl passvpn dstdom_regex -i vpnssl.customer.com vpnssl.customer.com:443
http_access deny all !passvpn

Unfortunately the problem persists.

Anybody has any idea how to solve this problem ?
Thank you

Valter

Questo messaggio, con gli eventuali allegati, contiene informazioni
riservate. Chiunque lo ricevesse pur non essendone il destinatario è pregato
di avvisare al più presto il mittente, di cancellarlo dal proprio sistema e
di non copiarlo, diffonderne il contenuto o utilizzarlo in alcun modo.

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender and
delete it from your system: you should not copy, disclose or use either it
or its attachments in any way whatsoever.