[squid-users] Squid 3.1 Client Source Port Identity Awareness

From: <Alexander.Eck_at_Heidelberg.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 18:55:00 +0000

Hi everyone, is it possible to have squid use the same Source Port to connect to the Web= server as the client uses to connect to squid ? My problem is the following setup: Various Citrix Server URL Filtering with Identity Awareness Squid 3.1 as Cache Proxy I had to install a Terminal Server Identity Agent on every Citrix Server to= distinguish the users. The Identity Agent assigns port ranges to every user, to distinguish them. Problem is: In my firewall logs i can see the identity of the user for the request from= the citrix server to the proxy (proxy is in the dmz). But i can't see the = identity from the request from the proxy to the Internet. My guess is, that this is because squid isn't using the same Source Port as= the client, or is not forwarding the Source Port. Did anybody try something similiar and got it working ? Is squid capable o= f doing this or do i have an error in reasoning about my setup ? Any help is appreciated :) Best Regards Alex