Re: [squid-users] Transporting traffics on multiple IPv6 addresses using proxy_auth

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:56:40 +1300

On 25.10.2012 05:44, Welly Hartanto wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm sorry if this sounds trivial.
> I've read the documentation on transporting traffics, but it seems
> that I still have no luck
> transporting traffics through multiple IPv6 addresses.
> Note that I setup transporting with IPv4 without problem. So I wonder
> if there's anything
> I've missed in my configuration that I have no idea about.
>
> With this example configuration :
>
> acl userA proxy_auth userA
> acl userB proxy_auth userB
> tcp_outgoing_address dead:beef:1:34b:0:11:49:1 userA
> tcp_outgoing_address c001:babe:1:21b:9:42:87:1 userB
>
> I assume that all traffics made by userA will be transported through
> given IPv6 address.
> And the same treatment will be applied to userB with different IPv6
> address.
> However, no matter which user is used, all traffic is transported
> through one IPv6 address
> only.
> In above example, when userB is using the proxy, this user's traffics
> are transported
> through dead:beef:1:34b:0:11:49:1 and not c001:babe:1:21b:9:42:87:1
> as expected.
>
> Need enlightenment. Thank you.

NP: for best operation of tcp_outgoing_address with IPv6 you require a
squid-3.2 release.

tcp_outgoing_address is a "fast" / sync ACL checklist. It does not have
time or ability to wait for authentication to be performed. If the
username is absent it will simply not match.

Ensure that you have authentication fetched earlier in http_access AND
that your user credentials are stored by Squid long enough to be used in
the outgoing portion of the transaction. eg. check TTL value for Basic
and Digest auth is at least a few seconds (10-15?).

Amos