Re: [squid-users] add DENIED tag by redirector for easy identification in logfile

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 15:02:35 -0600

On 10/31/2012 06:36 AM, Amm wrote:
> I suppose as of now there is no solution. But thanks again.

Hi Amm,

   There is a solution, but it requires switching from a url_rewriter
script to an eCAP adapter. Adapters can set annotations (name:value
"tags") that Squid can log via %adapt::<last_h logformat code. Adapters
can even block URIs using native Squid blocking functionality with
configurable error responses and content negotiation (as if http_access
was denied). Adapters have access to more information and add less overhead.

However, eCAP adapters are more difficult to write and have other cons
so it is difficult to say whether you should wait for helper interface
to gain annotations support or switch to eCAP.

For more details, see

  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/eCAP
  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ContentAdaptation

HTH,