Re: [squid-users] Squid Multiple SSL sites and Single IP solution

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 17:02:08 +0200

Hey Jesse,

 From what I understood SNI is not fully supported by all browsers yet.
If you need the private key of the root CA to sign a certificate this is
very bad for anything in CA's world.

The idea as far I know to use a signed certificate which will provide
everything needed to validate and encrypt the needed data.

I have never used SNI but I heard about it.
I assume that if it's part of openssl it just means that it's good and
secure.

Many providers use wildcard certificate which for example akamai and
Amazon offers\use.

I think that less about the need for that option there is a need to
encourage using more of the resources you have.

For now if there is a need for SNI nginx can provide the SSL part.

I was interested in comparison of nginx vs squid in the cache angle.
I know that squid "persistent" cache is better then nginx since nginx is
not really 100% committed to be "cache" but more like a web server.
It wont save headers and there for the response will be different while
fetched from source and served from cache(persistent).

Regards,
Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru