Re: [squid-users] doubt squid message log TCP_MISS/403

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 13:20:59 +1300

On 07.11.2012 12:00, spiderslack wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What diference between message TCP_MISS/403 and TCP_DENIED/403. My
> file logs its displaying this message TCP_MISS/403. that when I have
> rule allowing all access "http_access allow all".
>
> Any idea

See the definition of what each part of those tags means:
   http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidLogs#Squid_result_codes

The response object for MISS comes from outside your Squid. The one for
DENIED is generated by your Squid.

Status codes may be generated by any HTTP software involved in the
transaction. It sounds like one of the upstream servers rejecting the
request. See the hierarchy info field of your log for details of the
server which presented it to your Squid.

Amos