Re: [squid-users] Ideas for Squid statistics Web UI development

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 04:11:25 +0200

On 11/19/2012 3:34 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Wonderful to hear about more progress in the administration sphere.
>
> I have an ongoing project by Francesco Chemolli (kinkie) to improve the
> cachemgr and SNMP information feeds. Would you be interested in
> collaboration on the Squid internal upgrades needed to support our three
> administration interfaces?
>

> The prime objectives of our feature project in no particular order are:
> * to upgrade the cachemgr reports output such that it can be used as
> an Open Web API for managing Squid via plugin Web UI.
> * create a HTML + XHR alternative to cachemgr.CGI.
> * to synchronize the cachemgr and SNMP reporting such that all data is
> equally available through either - as alternative API rather than
> supplementary.
>

> Amos Jeffries
> Treehouse Networks Ltd.

About the above mention cachemgr information feeds:
the current output should or was Space limited for some or all?
Is there any basic template for html + xhr?

Even the current output(cachemgr or SNMP) can be transformed into
XHR(using small script) for older versions in a case of new HTML+XHR.

Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru
https://www1.ngtech.co.il