Re: [squid-users] Upgrade of SQUID from 3.1 to 3.2 on Freebsd 8.3

From: Leslie Jensen <leslie_at_eskk.nu>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 09:41:11 +0100

Eliezer Croitoru skrev 2012-11-23 09:13:

> The above settings cannot exist!
> this is since you are using one port paired with IP for intercept.
> squid must have one http_port XXX what ever if you will use it or not.
> if you have one port used for either intercept or regular forward proxy
> you can't use for another whatever use you want so:
>
> http_port 172.18.0.1:8080 intercept
> http_port 127.0.0.1:8080
>
> should be what need.
>
> Also I dont know why you should have a 127.0.0.1:8080 with intercept on
> the same line.
>
> I have never seen a use for that in real world unless you are
> intercepting the local outgoing connections which I doubt is good.
> But it's your needs.
>
> Regards,
> Eliezer

Thank you!

I've made the change.

When I first set up this machine it was with squid version 2.6 or 2.7 if
I remember correctly. It is set up with pf so that all outgoing http
traffic should go through squid.

I followed instructions on the pf website and I also got advise from
this list.

The configuration file has been along all the time and I might not have
been totally observant for changes that where introduced in the various
squid versions. As long as it has been working I've been happy.

With squid running so well I've not had to bother with configuration and
therefore I'm sure I've forgot why I did certain configurations. That's
why I comment a lot in the config file.

I really appreciate your help and I'm very open for suggestions that
optimizes what I already have.

/Leslie